Monday, May 30, 2011

Growing Up Craziness

As I've stated before I have been moved out of my mom's for a while now. But I have been living with my love and his mom, grandma, and his two younger siblings. Me and him share a room big enough to fit a young child comfortably. I have all my things from my mom's (which could fill a house on their own) plus some of his things, a large desk, a vanity, a dresser, a bookshelf, and about 5+ medium to large boxes. So we have been looking for a nice place to move into to finally finish the "coming of age" transition.

Now I have been looking like crazy but here are the facts. My love works at Denny's part-time and is going to college full-time. I am currently unemployed due to medical reasons and frantically looking for a job that doesn't require heavy lifting or too much manual labor. When we move out I will have to take me cat back from my mom. I will be starting college full-time in the Fall. And on top of all this we don't have a car.

We decided we'll get a car last seeming it'll be cheaper to just ride bikes to and fro school and all. But seriously! If I know being even 18 was this much work I'd never want to grow up when I was little. "I'm going to be a farmer mommy!" Yay right. I can hardly afford one cat. And they take care of themselves for the most part.

Yep tis the life. I guess once we're finally on our own things will fall into place for me. Maybe then I'll remember why I couldn't wait to grow up.

1 comment:

  1. Here's some very useful things you may want to consider:

    *Student Loans: yea, it sucks that you have to pay it back some day, but who the fuck cares? You'll be old and wrinkly and making 6 figures. So fuck it! Live life while you're young. Up to 7500 a year for seniors and that amount goes up to 20,000 a year for grad students. Double that if both of you are getting that money, and if nothing else, get college paid for.

    *Pell Grants, Scholarships, et cetera: Free money! Gotta love it.

    *Dorm: Often cheaper than an apartment. Then you can both sneakily live there and bring the cat. Just saying.

    *Work Study: If you qualify, you can work at school, making things way easier.

    ReplyDelete