Saturday, May 21, 2011

Graduation!!!

I'm writing this in the morning because I'm not sure if I'll have time later tonight. But I'm graduating today and sitting here listening to to graduation music is moving me to tears.

It only seems like last year that I was getting into high school and still dealing with the pity drama of high school life. I can't believe that four years have gone by already. Me and my friends are all close enough that I'm not worried about never seeing them again, but it still feels weird knowing we're no longer walking he same path. I feel like I'm sitting in the back seat while all my friends are driving and enjoying their lives. I know that I am well on my own path and that I have been for awhile, it was just comforting knowing that up till today all my friends' were parallel to mine.

I have to thank some people more than others right now. Because no matter how I look at it, they helped me be me more than anyone else. Like Niccolette who made me join drama and helped me find Roger, my love, and realize that I truly do love threatre. Yes that is a way of spelling it, just an old way. I also have to thank Kat, Mike, and Beans. Those three have stood next to me through so much and were some of the only shoulders I ever cried on. Mike also let me know that I'm allowed to be weak and that I wasn't alone. Kat kept me smiling when I just wanted to give in. She really made it easier to get by with life. And Beans showed me a fun side to everything. My friends Lizzy and Michelle called me "mommy" and gave me people to protect and carry on for through the hard days at school.

And I know both Amber and Morgan have moved away (for now) but these two are truly my two best friends (Mike is too). Amber has been my friend since we were babies and she's like a sister to me. I could always turn to her and always knew that if I really needed her she'd be there, even if there is states away and through a phone. It was hard watching her move right before I entered high school because I thought I couldn't make it through without her. She made me strong, and brave, and willing to fight for myself. She would protect me when I was weak and push me out in front when she knew I could be strong. She means everything to me. And I'm glad I never lost her.

Morgan became my best friend this school year. Me and her should be twins with how much we're alike. She became my right hand girl and I felt like she could be just like Amber. I was right. In her own way though, Morgan gave me the strength to do things that I wouldn't have done without her beside me. I know I act like I'm tough and bitchy a lot but It's only because I have someone like Morgan there to tell me I'm not wrong to do so every once in awhile.

I am who I am today because of those friends I made in high school. And like the Wicked song says
"Who can say if I've been changed for the better, because of you I have been changed for good." And believe me it was for the better. Thank you everyone. I love you all and will miss you as we make our way in this world. I'll never forget you all.

~ Hollie

No comments:

Post a Comment