Monday, April 16, 2012

Peter Wells

I decided to look up the obituary of a family friend who died March 9th this year. What I found was depressing. All it said was that he passed and his age. And I believe he deserves more than that. So here it goes...

Peter Wells

56, died Friday March 9th. He left behind a legacy of music and good food. He spent his life living it to the fullest and has left behind a family of friends who will always remember his soulful music and the way he always welcomed them with open arms. He survived cancer and was strong any many ways. His greatest glory in life was a small cafe' called And All That Jazz, that sadly shut down two years prior. Kathy and Lilly, the closest people to him, are left behind knowing they'll see him again and through their sorrows they know he is watching over them. The family he created through his cafe gathered the following Tuesday at the site were many parties were held during the time of the cafe. They played music, gave moving speeches, and brought food to continue on his memory. More than one hundred mourners filled up the small patch of grass and trees between the old cafe and it's neighboring building and over flowed into the parking lot. The sight of all who loved him would have made Peter Wells smile and I know he would be up on the make shift stage playing his mandolin and singing with his band and best friend.

We'll miss you forever Pete. Rest In Peace until we bring the party to Heaven to play with you again.

Now on a side note. This man was the reason I found out I love cooking and is why I decided to open my own cafe' someday. I have decided to call my cafe 'And All That Jazz" in memory of him. I know for sure that when I open it I will be putting this on my menu --> 'Ol' Pete's Gumbo'

This man was so strong, but there was even something he couldn't beat. It's not his fault and none of us hate him or blame him for leaving us behind. He is still with us in memory. And I know he's just waiting for the rest of us so we can continue the music in the after life.

No comments:

Post a Comment